Belize Flight Information
Belize Flight Information
Getting to Belize is now easier and more affordable to ever. All of the biggest airlines in North America now all fly non-stop to Belize. All international flights land at the Philip S.W. Goldson Airport located in Ladyville, a small village approximately 10 miles north of Belize City. Because of its location, the airport is also known as the “Belize City International Airport.” The three-digit airport code for the Philip Goldson Airport is BZE.
From the United States
From the United States, the following airlines fly to Belize:
· American Airlines – Miami (MIA), Charlotte (CLT), Los Angeles (LAX) and Dallas (DWF).
· Delta Airlines – Atlanta (ATL) and Los Angeles (LAX).
· Southwest Airlines – Houston (HOU), Denver (DEN), and Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood (FLL).
· United Airlines – Houston (IAH), Newark (EWH), and Chicago (ORD).
Flight times range from 2-3 hours for southern cities like Atlanta, Miami, and Houston and 3-5 hours for other locations such as Newark, Denver, and Los Angeles. Some of the above flights are operated all year-round while others are only offered seasonally, usually during the winter months.
From Canada, the following airlines fly to Belize:
· WestJet – Toronto (YYZ) and Calgary (YYC).
· Air Canada – Toronto (YYZ).
Flight times from both Calgary and Toronto average between five and six hours. Currently, both Canadian airlines only offer seasonal service to Belize during the winter months. To find the best flights, you can either visit the airline’s websites directly or use your favorite travel booking site. Many people also like to use Google’s flight research tool, which allows for one-click booking. Note: Southwest Airlines does not publicize or list their airfare on any third-party sites, including Google’s. To learn more about Southwest Airline’s flight schedule and to book tickets, you’ll need to visit their website.
From Central America
From Central America, the following airlines fly to Belize:
· Avianca Airlines – San Salvador, El Salvador (SAL)
· COPA Airlines – Panama City, Panama (PTY)
· TAG – Guatemalan Airlines – Cancun, Mexico (CUN), Flores, Guatemala (FRS), and Guatemala City, Guatemala (GUA).
· Tropic Air – Cancun, Mexico (CUN), Chetumal, Mexico (CTM), Roatan, Honduras (RTB), San Pedro Sula, Guatemala (SAB), and Flores, Guatemala (FRS).
Note: Tropic Air and Maya Island Air are local air carriers in Belize. These two airlines also operate domestic flights inside the country to over a dozen locations.
Currently, there are no non-stop flights to Belize from Europe. American Airlines, however, is now offering a direct flight from London’s Heathrow Airport to Belize City. The flight has a brief stopover in Miami, Florida before continuing on to Belize City.
Although prices are constantly subject to change, the table below shows what kind of price ranges you can expect for round-trip airfare to Belize City:
|City||Airport Code||Price range for a RT ticket|
|Grand Rapids, MI||GRR||$672-747|
|Los Angeles, CA||LAX||$547-$968|
|New York, NY||NYC||$504-$752|
|San Francisco, CA||SFO||$627-$916|
Anyone with a valid passport from the United States, Canada, the European Union, CARICOM nations, and several other select locations can enter Belize without obtaining a visa beforehand. You will, however, be required to show a passport that has at least six months left before it expires.
Each airline has their own unique baggage requirements. Here are links to each airline’s luggage policy: Air Canada American Airlines Avianca Airlines COPA Airlines Delta Airlines Maya Island AirSouthwest Airlines TAG Airlines Tropic Air United Airlines
How to Find the Best Flight to Belize
Step 1 – Contact Adventures in Belize at 1-866-822-2278 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. One of our travel experts will work with you on your itinerary, availability, and optimal prices.
Step 2 – Use flight research tools like Google’s Flight Research site to find the best connections and/or prices.
Step 3 – Once you know the airlines offering the optimal routes/prices from your location, visit the airline’s website directly. Usually, the prices are better on the airline’s website and you can also take advantage of special deals and/or extra frequent flier miles.
Step 4 – Contact Adventures in Belize to re-confirm your dates and flight schedule. We’ll then work with you to ensure that you’ve got your accommodations with us booked as well as schedule any tours or activities that you’d like to enjoy during your time in Belize.
A Calendar of Flight Services to Belize
Note: This information is subject to change at any time. Only non-stop flights are shown. From North America:
· Atlanta, GA (ATL) – American Airlines departs every Saturday.
· Calgary, AB (YYC) – WestJet departs every Friday (seasonal).
· Chicago, IL (ORD) – United departs every Saturday.
· Charlotte, NC (CLT) – American AIrlines departs every Saturday and Sunday.
· Dallas, TX (DFW) – American Airlines offers daily flights.
· Denver, CO (DEN) – Southwest Airlines departs every Saturday.
· Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood, FL (FLL) – Southwest Airlines offers daily flights.
· Houston, TX (HOU) – Southwest Airlines offers daily flights.
· Houston, TX (IAH) – United Airlines offers daily flights.
· Los Angeles, CA (LAX) – American Airlines departs every Saturday.
· Los Angeles, CA (LAX) – Delta Airlines departs every Saturday.
· Miami, FL (MIA) – American Airlines offers daily flights.
· Newark, NJ (EWR) – United departs every Sunday, Monday, Thursday, and Saturday.
· Toronto, ON (YYZ) – Air Canada departs every Friday (seasonal).
· Toronto, ON (YYZ) – WestJet departs every Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday (seasonal).
From Central America:
· Cancun, Mexico (CUN) – Tropic Air offers daily flights.
· Chetumal, Mexico (CTM) – Tropic Air departs every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
· Flores, Guatemala (FRS) – Tropic Air offers daily flights.
· Guatemala City, Guatemala (GUA) – TAG departs every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
· Panama City, Panama (PTY) – COPA Airlines departs every Tuesday and Friday.
· Roatan, Honduras (RTB) – Tropic Air offers daily flights.
· San Pedro Sula, Honduras (SAP) – Tropic Air departs every day BUT Saturday.
· San Salvador, El Salvador (SAL) – Avianca departs every day BUT Sunday.
These are the approximate flying time for non-stop routes to Belize City:
|City||Airport Code||Flying time|
|Altanta, GA||ATL||3 hours, 10 minutes|
|Calgary, AB||YYC||5 hours, 20 minutes|
|Cancun||CUN||1 hour, 45 minutes|
|Charlotte, NC||CLT||3 hours, 35 minutes|
|Chicago, IL||ORD||4 hours, 20 minutes|
|Dallas, TX||DFW||3 hours|
|Denver, CO||DEN||4 hours, 20 minutes|
|Flores, Guatemala||FRS||45 minutes|
|Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood||FLL||2 hours, 25 minutes|
|Guatemala City||GUA||1 hour, 15 minutes|
|Houston, TX||IAH/HOU||2 hours, 25 minutes|
|Los Angeles, CA||LAX||4 hours, 50 minutes|
|Miami, FL||MIA||2 hours, 20 minutes|
|Panama City, Panama||PTY||2 hours, 25 minutes|
|Roatan, Honduras||RTB||1 hour|
|San Pedro Sula, Honduras||SAP||45 minutes|
|San Salvador, El Salvador||SAL||1 hour, 40 minutes|
|Toronto, ON||YYZ||4 hours, 40 minutes|
Adventures in Belize – The Name to Trust for Belize Vacations
With a fully staffed center located in Belize and years of experience in crafting unique, bespoke vacations in Belize, Adventures in Belize is the name to trust for all your accommodations, travel, and organized tour needs in Belize.
Adventures in Belize (AIB) is the country’s premier travel agency, working with visitors from all over the world to book a Belize vacation, a Belize hotel, lodgings at a Belize resort, organizing Belize all-inclusive honeymoons, and organizing Belize all-inclusive adventure packages.
AIB will help organize and arrange vacations to all of the top destinations in Belize, including Ambergris Caye and San Pedro, Caye Caulker, Toledo District, Orange Walk, Placencia, San Ignacio, and Cayo District. AIB is a full service travel agency, meaning they can help you with local flights, ground transportation, and lodging at the country’s finest resorts, hotels, and lodges, including beautiful all-inclusive facilities that have meals, drinks, and other services included.
Whether you’re looking for a family vacation, adventure tour, last-minute vacation, church retreat, group travel event, get together, romantic getaway, or honeymoon, make AIB your first stop.
AIB will work with you to create a custom vacation experience precisely tailored to your needs, budget, and preferences. Whether you want to relax and unwind on a privately-owned island or want to enjoy exciting adventures like zip lining, scuba diving, or rappelling down a waterfall, AIB is the name to trust. AIB specializes in both jungle and beach vacations, arranging for absolutely everything so you can relax, unwind, and enjoy your time in this beautiful country.
Other popular options in Belize include visiting an animal sanctuary, touring historic downtown Belize City, visiting a rum distillery, windsurfing, fishing, sailing, bird watching, horseback riding, and nature tours to learn more about the incredible diversity of animal and plant life in Belize.
And for those curious about the ancient Maya, Belize is home to more ancient Maya sites than anywhere else. Whether it’s climbing to the top of colossal pyramids located deep in the jungle or plumbing the depths of ceremonial caves where ancient Maya priests once conducted human sacrifices, AIB can arrange for organized tours to all of the top spots, including the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Tikal located just a few miles over the border in modern-day Guatemala.
AIB takes all the worry out of planning so that you can focus on making memories that will last a lifetime.
To arrange for a truly amazing Belize trips, contact Adventures in Belize Today.